Euro 2016: British fan dies after fight with Russians in Marseille
43 Russian supporters detained in southern France for investigative actions
Russia’s General Consul in Marseille Daniil Boltax confirmed that the 50-year-old fan died after the Saturday fight with Russian fans (TASS). The mass fights took place immediately after the England-Russia game at Stade Velodrome in Marseille, on June 11 (1:1).
Due to that fact, 43 supporters of Russian national team were detained for investigative purposes, as their bus was moving across southern France. Under the French law, they may be detained for the period up to 48 hours.
During detention, some of the Russian fans refused to show their IDs, so law enforcers could use force against them. However, the Russian consul prevented such scenario and settled the situation.
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case