Euro 2016: Boateng is able to compete with Ukraine
German defender assures his injury is not serious
Given the situation with Mats Hummels in the opening match of the German national team at Euro which is not clear, the injury of Jerome Boateng in sparring against the Hungarians could add a headache to Nationalelf’s coach Joachim Löw.
However, the defender himself told that nothing serious has happened, reports football.ua.
"No, nobody needs to be worried about me. A little issue with my nerve, but I didn't have any problems at half-time, the doctors examined me. Everything is good." said Boateng.
" It's important that Bastian Schweinsteiger is with us again, he's our captain. He calms everyone. Sure he's not at 100 per cent, but he is very important for us.", the defender concluded.
Recall Boateng suffered a severe leg injury at the beginning of this year, due to which he spent more than three months out of football.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels