Euro 2016: 8-year-old fan from Ukraine eventually receives French visa
State's embassy expresses regret that the incident of previous visa refusal took place
The French Embassy in Ukraine has decided to issue visas to the family of 8-year-old football fan Volodymyr Bobenchyk after the gaps in the visa application have been corrected. "Yevropeiska Pravda" reported this.
"The application had several gaps, after which they refused to give him the visa. The Embassy of France contacted the family to explain clearly what the problems with the documents were and which elements needed to be corrected last week. These specifications were finally transferred to the consular section this morning, which allows us to issue a visa", says the Ambassador of France in Ukraine Isabelle Dumont.
"I can only express regret that the case grew to such scale”, she added.
French Embassy in Ukraine, commenting on the situation on visas for Euro 2016, said that Ukrainians are always welcome in France, and the staff is working overtime due to the approaching large-scale football event. The Ambassador of France in Ukraine Isabelle Dumont said this.
It is noted that the consular service of the Embassy of France is fully mobilized for the consideration of visa applications.
"We welcome Ukrainians in France, whether they are the football fans or the tourists who want to visit our country”, reads the statement.
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case