Euro 2016: 5 Russian fans attacked Spanish tourists in Cologne to appear before German court
Suspects are accused of causing serious bodily harm
Russian fans, who were returning from the European Championship in France, beat three Spain tourists near the cathedral in Cologne on June 16. They broke the nose of one of the tourists, and others got severe injuries.
Police arrested 6 of 7 Russian fans involved in the attack, DW reports, citing local media. Russians had plane tickets from Cologne to Moscow dated June 16. Also, the detainees had tickets to the Euro 2016 match.
Five Russians are to appear before the German court on June 17 (Focus Olline).
The suspects are accused of causing serious bodily harm. The Prosecutor's office prepares documents for their arrest. Investigation continues in respect of another detainee.
Also the police investigate whether these fans involved in riots in Marseilles during the match between Russia and England.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars