Euro 2016: 3 Russian fans accused of involvement in clashes in Marseille are to serve time in French jail
Locomotiv FC Alexey Yerunov, Tula Arsenal Fan Club Head Sergey Ghorbachov, Dinamo fan Nikolai Morozov go to jail
Russian fans convicted of participating in violent clashes in Marseille are going to serve their time in jail in France. The Russian Federation hasn’t sent the extradition request yet, RIA Novosti reports.
Marseille Court has sentenced the citizens of the Russian Federation Nikolai Morozov, Sergey Ghorbachov and Alexey Yerunov to prison for 1 to 2 years after the fight between the fans of Russia and England on European Football Championship 2016 in France.
“They are sent up in France, there has been no request for extradition. Russian Consulate General is responsible for all diplomatic issues”, the court representative said.
The judge sentenced Alexey Yerunov and Sergey Ghorbachov to 2 years of imprisonment. Nikolai Morozov got only 1 year. Marseille Prosecutor said that sentences like these will serve as a lesson to the “hooligans that like to mix sport and violence”.
According to Press Officer of Russian Embassy to France Sergey Parinov, the Russian diplomats are studying the verdicts of three football fans and then will decide what to do next.
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case