Dynamo Kyiv eliminated from UEFA Champions League
The 0-0 draw with Manchester City led the British to the competition’s quarterfinals
Serhiy Rebrov’s squad tied a draw with Man City at Etihad on Tuesday night. As 112 International reported, the Ukrainian team lost 1-3 in the first leg in Kyiv; so it’s the Citizens who made it to the Champions League quarterfinals.
In the early first half, two of the City’s starting eleven were injured and left the pitch; however, that still wasn’t enough for the Ukrainian team to break the ice. Dynamo had the ball and chances to score, but in general, the game flew rather calmly. Toward the end of the match, Dynamo had another good chance after a beautiful combination by Yarmolenko and Sydorchuk, but Buyalsky eventually missed.
Thus, the Kyivites left Europe’s most prestigious club tournament. It was the first time in sixteen years when the team participated in the Champions League playoffs.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars