Dynamo Kyiv arrived in London to meet with Chelsea at Champions League match
Opposing teams’ coaches, Mourinho and Rebrov gave comments at the press conference ahead of forthcoming clash
Today, November 4, Chelsea and Dynamo Kyiv to meet at 4th round of the Champions League in Group G held at so-called Chelsea's home - Stamford Bridge stadium in London, 20:45 CET.
The coaches of opposing teams spoke on the forthcoming match, UEFA reports.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, despite his team’s troublesome start of the season, do not insist on imperative need to win today.
“I am completely convinced that we are going to qualify first. The reality is that the game tomorrow is not a game we have to win – it's a must-not-lose, but not a must-win,” Mourinho said.
In his turn, Dynamo Kyiv coach Serhiy Rebrov noted that they do not pay attention to talks around the troubles with Chelsea, but much more concerned on the winning in today’s match.
“We really shouldn't be thinking about what's happening with Chelsea, because what is happening to them happens to everyone at some point. I'm sure their coach is very qualified to deal with the situation and he will find a way out. We need to think about our game and not focus on whether they are a wounded animal or not. We didn't think about that in Kyiv and we won't think about it here. We wish Chelsea all the best in the Premier League but not tomorrow night. The only thing that worries me at the moment is winning this match,” Rebrov said.
Watch Serhiy Rebrov's address at the press-conference:
Recalling that on October 20 in Kyiv at NSC “Olimpiyskiy” stadium Chelsea vs Dynamo Kyiv UEFA Champions League match took place. The teams tied the game.
As it was reported before, a while ago after the match, British media leaked video, which showed a group of Dynamo fans attacking four black man at the stadium’s seating spaces. The incident undergone investigation by UEFA and FARE suggesting the case reflected racism manifestations, and according to the preliminary information, guilty in the incident Dynamo Kyiv fans might face 4 years of imprisonment and the football club might be fined.
Also, the recent claim of executive director of NSC "Olimpiyskiy" became widely resonant - in response to journalist’s suggestion whether it should be separate sitting places for black fans in order to prevent similar incidents, the executive director replied that it is not a bad idea.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars