Dynamo hoolies facing 4 years of jail for attack on black fans - Kyiv police
Kyiv law enforcement authorities opened criminal proceedings into the incident at Dynamo v. Chelsea football match held October 20 at the NSC Olimpiyskyi stadium
Due to the information published on the Internet about football fans fight during Dynamo-Chelsea match held October 20, Kyiv police started an investigation of the incident, the Ministry of Internal Affairs stated on its website.
"Law enforcement authorities opened criminal proceedings after the discovery of this information in the Internet network, due to the fact that internal affairs bodies did not receive any reports about violence against foreigners at the NSC Olympiyskyi during a football match between teams Dynamo and Chelsea," said in a statement.
For an objective investigation law enforcers of Pechersk regional department of Interior Ministry of Ukraine in Kyiv prepared a request to the NSC Olympiyskyi administration for information about the incident and records of the conflict from the security cameras installed in stadium.
The report says that during football matches the police provide the protection of public order exclusively on the territories adjacent to the stadium, whereas public order and security of fans at the stadium is directly provided by the stewards and the security service of the stadium.
"Law enforcement officers have the right to interfere to the situation for restoration of public order only upon the official decision and address of responsible persons of the sports arena. Therefore, in order to establish the circumstances of the fight, employees of NSC Olimpiyskyi as well as stewards who were at the stadium will be interviewed," said in a statement.
Criminal proceedings into beating of foreign fans were launched on preliminary legal qualification on Article 296 (hooliganism) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Offenders are facing up to four years of imprisonment.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case