Daily Mail: Stampede at Euro 2016 fanzone as Paris evacuated after smoke sparks fears of terrorist attack
It is thought a flare or firecracker was set off, sparking a panicked rush
The Euro 2016 fanzone in Paris was evacuated tonight amid terrifying scenes as smoke caused panic among thousands of football supporters watching Germany's quarter final with Italy.
The game was deep in extra time when, around 10.20pm, smoke was suddenly spotted and the panicked crowd, fearing another ISIS attack, began running from the fanzone, under the Eiffel Tower in the centre of Paris.
Mail Online reporter Thomas Burrows, who was in the fanzone, said: 'I saw hundreds of people running in panic. People were trampling over each other trying to get out.'
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case