Crimea was shown as part of Ukraine during Olympics opening ceremony broadcast
At the same time Russian map was shown without the occupied peninsula
During the broadcast the opening ceremony of the 31 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) the TV chart shows the Crimean peninsula as a part of Ukraine. Relevant screenshots were published by the news agency Flash Crimea.
It is noted that during the passage of Russian Olympic team on the stadium "Maracana" the television images showed a map of the Russian Federation without occupied Crimea. When Ukrainian national team came to the stadium, Ukrainian map has been demonstrated with the peninsula in its composition.
Judging by the logo in the upper right corner of the screen, the broadcast was led by the American television channel NBC, which has the rights to broadcast the Games in the United States.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars