Closing ceremony of XXXI Olympic Games kicks of on August 21
Ceremony will begin at 02:00 Kyiv time
Today is the last day of the competitions within the XXXI Olympic Games, and the closing ceremony will start in the evening at 02:00 Kyiv time.
Olympic Games kicked off on August 5. Most of the competitions were held in Rio de Janeiro, although football competitions were held in other cities of the country.
These Olympic Games were the first in South America, and the second in Latin America - in 1968 the competition was carried out in Mexico City.
306 sets of medals were won and the record 206 countries took part in the Games, including Kosovo and South Sudan.
The next Summer Olympic Games will be held in 2020 in Tokyo.
Poroshenko awards Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic athletes 5 October, 21:08
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain