CAS: Russian Paralympic team suspended from Paralympics in Rio
International Paralympic Committee bans the team due to doping scandal
The Arbitrary Court for Sport refused to approve Russian athletes for participation in Paralympic Games. The respective statement may be found on the website of the CAS.
The court confirmed the decision of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), admitting that there were no violations in suspending Russia’s team from competitions. Previously, on August 7, the IPC suspended membership of Russia’s Paralympic Committee, which means that Russian athletes are banned from the upcoming competitions in Rio de Janeiro, which will be held next month.
The decision was made due to the famous WADA report, which claimed numerous cases of doping use by Russian athletes. The report said that 35 athletes were suspected in using the banned substances, stating that Russia’s anti-doping system is ‘completely corrupted’.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas