BBC: Another fight between Russian and British fans in Lille, France
Two Russians were detained
The incident took place on June 14, BBC reported. According to their correspondent Viktor Nekhezin, the fight started as two Russian supporters approached a local café where some 70 English fans were at the moment. The sides verbally abused each other and started to throw bar stools at their opponents. The police ceased the incident and arrested both Russian fans, who actually started the fight, according to Daily Mail.
The British outlet says that in the earlier confrontation, chairs were thrown and a supporter was pictured lying on the ground outside a bar in the northern French city on the same day that Russia was fined and threatened with being thrown out of the tournament. Concerns had already been raised about the security of fans as England prepare to take on Wales in Lens on Thursday and Russia play Slovakia in Lille on Wednesday, with the cities just 23 miles apart.
Earlier, a 51-year-old British fan was hospitalized due to severe head injuries as he was set upon by Russian fans in Marseille on June 11. According to Daily Mail, he was beaten into a coma and he might face brain damage.
112 International presents apologies for having accidentally misinformed their audience about the fan's death at that moment.
Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report 28 October, 17:29
Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia 28 October, 12:48
Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council 28 October, 21:34
35000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported 28 October, 17:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case