Ukrainian became the silver medalist of the World Championship in diving
Illya Kvasha took second place in diving 1-meter springboard the World Aquatics
Illya Kvasha took second place in diving 1-meter springboard the World Aquatics, held in Kazan (Russia).
The diving 1-meter springboard 2015 World Aquatics, held in Kazan has been finished, and the second award went to Ukrainian, states the official website of the competition.
The athlete has got 448.05 points for his 6 jumps. For his best attempt he earned 78.40 points. Earlier, Kvasha won the bronze medal in the 3 m spring synchro along with Oleksiy Prygorov in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Kvasha is also a multiple European Champion.
Champion in this kind of program was Chinese Xie Syyi, who scored 485.50 points. Third place went to American Michael Hixon (428.30).
This was the first medal for the Ukraine national team at the World Cup in Kazan.
FIFA World Aquatics runs from 25 July to 9 August.
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Boxing: WBO to take away champion’s belt from Fury 11 October, 15:35
Boxing: Fury stripped of license 13 October, 16:02
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain