Federation of Athletics of Ukraine allowed seven athletes to play for Russia as they got Russian citizenship
All of these athletes, who have got Russian passports, are Crimeans
As stated by the press office of the Federation, “FAU granted permission for reduction of the period of admission (quarantine) for athletes who have received Russian citizenship”.
Now the Crimean athletes, among whom are Vira Rebryk Rustem Dremdzhi, Oleksiy Sokyrskyi, Valeria Mara, Ruslan Perestyuk, Yevheniy Semenenko and Olena Beliakova, after obtaining the permission of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), may take part in the international competitions.
FAU has received $170 of funding and send them for preparing of Ukrainian athletes for international competitions. 20% of this amount will go to support the newly formed Federation of Crimean Athletics, which continues to deal with athletes who have saved the Ukrainian citizenship.
As reported before, the sports federations do not have common policy concerning athletes from the Crimea, who took Russian citizenship and intend to participate the competition under the flag of the Russian Federation.
- UKRAINE TOP 20:19Stockholm arbitration finished hearing on case of “Naftogaz” against “Gazprom”
- UKRAINE TOP 19:51Ukraine and Turkey signed an agreement on bilateral cooperation between border guard and coast guard
- UKRAINE TOP 19:12Flash mob on Armed Forces Day will be held in Kyiv on December 6
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:29Poroshenko visits military near Horlivka
- UKRAINE TOP 18:19“Naftogaz” confirmed readiness for trilateral gas meeting in Brussels on December 9
- UKRAINE TOP 18:04Criminal case on illegal discharge of Lviv’s waste opened in Sumy
- UKRAINE TOP 17:51MP about Kniazhychi: Ministry of Internal Affairs should provide information on law enforcement officers who supported robbery
- SOCIETY17:43Poroshenko opens TV tower on Karatchoun Mount in Donetsk region
- SOCIETY17:11Indian Prime Minister became person of the year
- UKRAINE TOP 16:57John Kerry to discuss Ukraine‘s situation in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:40, 5 December Russian Navy looses their aircraft in the Mediterranean again
18:28, 5 December Five law enforcers shot dead during a showdown Kniazhychi, Kyiv region