British journalists made a short film “Shakhtar Donetsk: a club in exile”
The film about Ukrainian football club was starred by The Guardian
In seven minute-long video journalists of The Guardian told the story of why the Donetsk club had to move hundreds of kilometers from their native city. General Director of "Shakhtar" Serhiy Palkin said that it was impossible to live and to play in Donetsk, which is located in the midst of war. The players had to play all of their home games 600 miles away from home: in Lviv.
Players of "Shakhtar" (goalkeeper Anton Kanibolotskyi and midfielder Marlos), who commented the situation, did not touched the causes of the conflict, expressing hope that the war will end soon and peace will come.
Also the players talked about humanitarian aid from Rinat Akhmetov, Ukrainian businessman and oligarch, who send some necessities to the Donetsk territories occupied by terrorists. But at the same time, journalists did not mention that the president of the Donetsk club suspected of financing the Russian-backed militants, as reported by zaxid.net.
Players complained for public does not support them in Lviv.
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars