2016 Paralympics in Rio: Ukraine sets three new records in swimming events
The country’s Paralympic team already collected 26 medals – 7 gold, 6 silver and13 bronze
Over the second day of 2016 Paralympics in Rio, Ukraine again demonstrated the entire power of spirit of its athletes.
Ukraine’s swimmers won three gold medals and four bronze in their respective events. One gold went to Dmytro Zalevsky (100 m backstroke), who set the world record, having covered the distance in 1.06.66. Maksym Kripak claimed another gold, who finished first in the 50 m freestyle event and set the new record of Europe. Kateryna Istomina won in her 100 m butterfly event, setting the Paralympic record (1.09.04).
Ukraine’s National Paralympics Committee reported this at Facebook.
Denys Dubrovy claimed bronze in the 50 m freestyle event (23.75). Andriy Derevynsky, Viktoriya Savtsova and Olga Sviderska also got bronze in the 4x50 meters relay race.
After two days of Paralympics in Rio, Ukraine comes third in the overall medal count, losing only to China (20-17-12) and the United Kingdom (12-6-9).
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain