15th Summer Paralympic Games kick off today
Ukraine pins hopes to the newly introduced kinds of sports
The 15th Summer Paralympic Games are kicking off in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, today, on September 7. These are the first Summer Paralympics to be held during the host city's wintertime, the first time Latin America and the second time in Southern Hemisphere after 2000 Summer Paralympics in Sydney.
Two new sports are introduced to this year’s Paralympic program: canoeing and the paratriathlon.
A total of 22 sports will be contested during the Games, with two new ones added, triathlon and canoeing.
Ukraine’s national paralympic team is to be represented by biggest team for the country - 172 sportsmen in 15 disciplines. Ukraine pins hopes to the newly introduced kinds of sports.
The opening ceremony of the Paralympic Games 2016 will be held at the stadium "Maracana" in Rio de Janeiro at start at 18:15 local time, 00:15 a.m. Kyiv time.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case