Zhytomyr City marks the 1131st anniversary since its foundation
The festive program has already begun
September 12-13 Zhytomyr, a city in the North of the western half of Ukraine, holds festive celebrations on the occasion of its 1131st anniversary.
The grand theatrical performance “I put my heart to you feet, Zhytomyr!" to be presented as a part of the festive program, September 12. A gala concert "We are united" with the participation of children initiative “Our future together with Ukraine” will gather local authorities and guests. In addition, there will be a number of charitable, social, cultural, artistic, sports and recreational activities, and a fireshow Day.kiev.
Friday evening a ceremony of awarding the winners of the "City Pride" contest took place in Zhytomyr Academic Theater of Ukrainian Drama named after Ivan Kocherha. There were eight nominations in this competition: the Defender of the year, the Doctor, the Sportsman, the Pupil of the Year, the Teacher, the Service worker, the Manager, the Public figure.
Festivities in Ukraine on occasion of Defender of Motherland Day 14 October, 16:57
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case