Yerevan clashes: 100 detained, 60 admitted to hospitals
Five policemen injured during another violence outbreak in the Armenian capital
A hundred people got detained; 60 were put into hospital with injuries, Interfax-Ukraine reports with references to official sources. Five law enforcers are now at Erebuni medical centre in Yerevan, one of the policemen got shot in the abdomen and went through a surgery.
The demonstration is underway since July 17, when the groups of approximately 30 armed protesters captured the building of patrol guard service post in Yerevan, killing a policeman and taking several more as hostages. The police say the activists attacked them, which made the law enforcers response with the use of tear gas and batons. The attackers later released the hostages, the next day after negotiations between the conflicting sides were held.
The protesters refuse to give up their weapons, demanding to release Jirair Sefilian, the detained leader of the Founding Parliament radical opposition movement. Sefilian, famous political figure, the veteran of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, was arrested last month under charges of illegal gun purchase and illegal gun storage. The activists also demand resignation of Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain