Year 2016: Hand made to make presents and stay afloat
With the devaluation of dollar Ukrainians find their own ways to stay afloat. Some of them devote themselves to hand made stuff
New Year is not only very interesting time but also very expensive. Many people decide to make presents on their own. Another reason: handmade presents show respect and carrying for the ones you are giving it to.
Darya makes Christmas wreaths. She gives them to all her friends and sometimes – for sale. She is a student and for her it is a good way to earn so money by doing what she likes.
“At winter I do wreaths of Christmas trees. At summer - of flowers or something. I believe such a beauty will find its owners" - says Darya.
For the last two years hand made things are everywhere. Special adding: a small writing on the side. It says: made in Ukraine.
Tanya, shopping assistant in Kyiv shopping center “Globus” says: “People like Ukrainian. Usually it’s cheaper. It`s unique and buying it you are supporting national producer. Isn`t that what we should do?
Among handmade stuff are also soups of different shapes. Tanya says, in winter Christmas themes are the most requested. She shows square shaped green trees and Santa Klaus. Everything looks so good you almost feel pity to use it as a soup.
Another branch of are leather or fabric bags. They are individually made and will not wear out for the next decades.
This stuff will not only help to express themselves but, eventually, to save a hell of a money.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
- UKRAINE TOP 23:17Normandy talks: Reaction of the social media
- POLITICS22:15New sanctions against Russia. Persons, businesses and their penalties
- POLITICS19:24World fact-check: How to check the statements of Trump and Clinton
- POLITICS21:53Six months of premiership: Best quotes of Volodymyr Groysman
- UKRAINE TOP 13:42Crimea has nothing to do with Ukraine: myth or reality?
- UA & EU21:02Closed sky: why Ukraine has not joined European Common Aviation Area?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:36Militant "Motorola" killed in Donetsk: What is leader of "Sparta" gang known for?
- POLITICS10:08October 14: Ukraine’s far-right Intercession
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars