Winter on Fire: Ukrainian documentary nominated for Golden Reel Awards
The prize’s winners to be pronounced at the awards ceremony in Los Angeles
“Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s fight for freedom”, the documentary dedicated to the events of Euromaidan protests in late 2013 and early 2014, has been nominated for Golden Reel Awards. It joined the list of contenders in the “Best Sound Editing in Documentaries” category, the official website of the prize reported.
The winners will be named at the awards ceremony slated for February 27 in Los Angeles.
“We’re very glad and we hope to win. But any recognition of this documentary, any success, including nomination for Oscar is, first of all, recognition of Ukraine – not the one based on policy, but the one based on general human values” the film’s producer Lina Klebanova said.
Previously, 112 Ukraine reported that “Winter on Fire” entered the top five contenders for Oscar in the “Best Documentary” category. The awards ceremony will take place on February 28.
The “Winter on Fire” was filmed in coproduction of Ukraine, the USA and the Great Britain. The documentary was showed at the Venice film festival and received a prize at the Toronto Film festival.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars