World Health Organization called on Ukraine to declare state of emergency on health sector due to polio outbreak
The organization is concerned about the fact that only the half of children is vaccinated in Ukraine
“The World Health Organization (WHO) calls on Ukraine to declare a state of emergency on health sector due to polio outbreak”, - announced Dorit Nitzan, the WHO representative and Head of Ukrainian office, reported "RBK-Ukraine".
"WHO also recommends to declare a state of emergency in health sector in order to respond polio outbreak as quickly and effectively as possible", - said Nitzan. She explained that the organization asks Ukraine to declare a state of emergency on health sector since the beginning of polio outbreak in Ukraine in Zakarpattia region.
Dorit Nitzan said that the WHO is concerned about the fact that only half of children is vaccinated in Ukraine.
Now Ukraine is in the list of countries which require vaccination against polio before entering. Also in this list are Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Madagascar and Laos.
Today, on Monday, November 30 in Ukraine starts the second round of polio immunization.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars