Victims near government building; explosions are heard there
Verkhovna Rada approved the first reading amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization
Journalist of 112 channel informs that there are victims and detained among the protesters in front of the Verkhovna Rada. Sounds of grenade explosions are heard near Verkhovna Rada, where the intensive clashes occur. Streamer also informs about blood and arrival of ambulance cars. About 30 officers of security forces are injured.
Some unknown people began to throw smoke bombs. The area around the parliament is now smoke-filled.
Such a riot is provoked by the fact that Ukrainian parliament has alredy adopted the first reading amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization and "special status" of Donbas. After some MPs had cried "Shame!" andblocked the tribune, 265 of the 320 registered MPs voted "for" the law. Afterward, Verkhovna Rada sang the national anthem.
As was reported before, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine gathered for an extraordinary meeting to consider the first reading of the adoption of amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization. More than thousand people gathered for a protest rally against voting for these amendments.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars