Vatican Secretary of State calls Ukrainian nation heroic victim
He urges Russians to beg forgiveness for committed horror
The war conflict in Donbas region made the Ukrainians a nation that can be called a heroic victim that deserves respect. According to "Ukrinform", the Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin said this on the All-Ukrainian Council of Churches and Religious Organizations.
"The dramatic events that shattered the whole country made you a nation that can be called a heroic victim. A nation that deserves the respect not only from the Catholic Church, but from all people that believe in the power of freedom, justice and solidarity", the Cardinal said.
He also featured that the struggle of this nation continues because of the constant shelling, destroying houses and the whole villages and infrastructure. However the return of hate and the disintegration of the society are the most important struggles for Ukraine.
He urged Russians to beg for forgiveness for the committed horror and to serve in the name of humanity.
According to Parolin, the Catholic Church can become "the instrument that will promote peace between the two countries".
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars