US strikes ISIS positions in Libya from air
Operation in Sirte was first co-operation with Libyan army
Sirte is the hometown of the deposed Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi, who was considered the most important stronghold of the Islamic State outside Iraq and Syria.
Libyan Prime Minister Fayez Sarraj said the militants had suffered "heavy losses".
"The Presidential Council and Commander in Chief decided to ask the United States for inflicted pinpoint strikes on ISIS positions", Sarraj said, adding that co-operation affects only Sirte and its environs.
Air strikes were the first military action of this kind, which the US spent together with the Libyan government.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars