U.S. doctors in Lviv to examine and operate on children with burns and orthopedic diseases
150 children were examined, 40 of them admitted to hospitals
American medics currently working in Lviv (Western Ukraine) will examine and operate on children with burns and orthopedic diseases, a correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel reported. “An international mobile hospital started working in Lviv. Medics from three U.S. clinics will work here till December 12.
The press service of Lviv state regional administration says the foreign doctors pre-examined 150 children, 40 of them were admitted to hospitals, and preparations for surgeries took place. Most of the patients have either severe burns or various orthopedic diseases”, the correspondent said, adding that Ukrainian surgeons will assist their American counterparts.
Press service of Lviv state regional administration also informed that the team of U.S. medics consists of 6 doctors and 2 nurses who came from hospitals of Harvard and Michigan, as well as the Shriners Hospital.
The respective U.S.-Ukraine project started in spring this year. In its frameworks, about 2.5 tons of medical hardware and supplies were brought to Ukraine from the USA. The project is funded by various American NGOs, particularly, the Ukrainian Nation Women’s League of America. Commenting on the future cooperation in this area, doctors from the Shriners Hospital said they planned to host the Ukrainian patients in Boston, especially those who will need urgent surgeries.
Lutsenko proposes to lift ban on casinos in Ukraine 19 October, 23:14
Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande start preliminary meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:21
Putin arrives on Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:46
Normandy four meeting starts in Berlin 19 October, 20:12
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels