UNICEF: Ukrainian youngsters consume less alcohol and drugs
The level of those vastly decreased in 2015, - UNICEF’s representative in Ukraine Giovanna Barberis
The UNICEF’s office in Ukraine presented results of a recent research, led by a local NGO. According to these results, the report shows ‘a small but stable decrease in use of harmful substances over the last few years’. Giovanna Barberis, UNICEF’s representative in Ukraine, said this in Kyiv on Tuesday.
The survey says that in 2015, 83.4 percent of the interviewed teenagers drank alcohol at least once. More than a half of the respondents smoked at least once, while 12.2 percent said they smoked every day. Another 11.3 percent of the respondents said they used drugs; marijuana proved to be the most popular drug among the teenagers.
The 2015 index of alcohol and drug use among the teenagers proved to be the lowest if compared with the indexes of previous years. The UNICEF researches in Ukraine took place in 1995, 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011.
The 2015 survey was conducted in 449 education establishments in all regions but the occupied Crimea and the non-controlled areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. The respondents were students of the 9th, 10th and 11th grades, first and second year students of technical schools, and students of universities of the first and second accreditation degrees, totally 6,674 people.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars