Ukrainians nominated for "Peace and Sport" international award
"Run for Peace" team went on a 49-day run across Europe dedicated to the anniversary of signing the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
Ukrainian project "Run for Peace" became one of the three finalists for the international annual award "Peace and Sport" in the category "Event of the year", held by the international organization "L'Organisation pour la Paix par le Sport" (Peace and Sport, Monaco), Ukrpravda.
This is one of the most prestigious awards in the field of peace and sport. The award was established in 2007 and is granted in 9 different categories under the patronage of Prince Albert II of Monaco.
The winners in 80 categories will be defined by the board of outstanding athletes: Champions for Peace.
Run for Peace is a global initiative aimed at demonstrating the unity of the peoples of Europe in the quest for a peaceful life.
On March 21, 2015, Ukrainian "Run for Peace" team went on a tour across Europededicated to the anniversary of signing of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU. 49 days, more than 8500 km, 14 European countries. One by one, team members overcome incredible distances, regardless of time of day, weather conditions and other obstacles. The team came back to Ukraine on May 8, 2015.
"We seek peace and thank the Europeans for their support of the people of Ukraine. We chose running because we consider it a true symbol of peace, uniting millions of people, regardless of nationality, political or religious beliefs despite any borders," stated on the project's website.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas