Ukrainians bribe less, - survey
Percentage of people who give bribes dropped from 27% to 18% in three years
18% of respondents admitted they gave bribes last year, 79% claim they didn’t, 3% find it difficult to reply, it is reported in the survey conducted by sociological group Rating.
Three years ago, in March 2013, it was reported that 27% of citizens admitted to giving bribes, 68% claimed they didn’t do it, 6% of respondents found it difficult to reply.
54% of respondents believe corruption is a disease that hinders society from development, whereas 40% suppose corruption is a mechanism Ukrainian society cannot exist without. Within the last three years the data hasn’t changed, though Ukrainians start to perceive corruption in a different way: whereas, back in 2013, 37% of respondents justified bribes in case it solved an important private issue, in 2016 just 13% think this way.
The survey of sociological group Rating was conducted among 2,000 respondents on 14-22 January 2016.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case