Ukrainian World Congress meeting in Madrid, September 11-13
Medals "200 years since the birth of Taras Shevchenko" were presented to 67 individuals
"The official opening of the AGM was held at the prestigious Cervantes Institute, a world renowned Spanish cultural centre. The guests included high-ranking representatives of the governments of Spain, Ukraine and Canada who delivered greetings to the participants. Greetings were also received from the President, Prime Minister, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine," according to the statement of the press office of UWC.
UWC President Eugene Czolij highlighted the work of the UWC throughout the past year, focusing on assisting Ukraine in its struggle against the Russian aggressor. Emphasizing that the crisis in Ukraine has global implications Eugene Czolij noted that Ukraine is defending Western principles and stopping Russia’s advance into Europe.
UWC commemorative medals "200 years since the birth of Taras Shevchenko" were presented to 67 individuals from 18 countries who made a significant contribution to the popularization of the cultural legacy and commemoration of Taras Shevchenko outside Ukraine, accoring to the UWC press office.
“The Ukrainian World Congress is grateful to all who extended greetings to the AGM and the Cervantes Institute for the hospitality, and extends greetings to the recipients of the UWC commemorative medal 200 years since the birth of Taras Shevchenko,” stated UWC President Eugene Czolij.
The UWC AGM continues through 13 September 2015.
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case