Ukrainian universities for the first time hit into prestigious rating
Taras Shevchenko Kyiv University got to the interval between 601 and 800 positions in the rating
Ukrainian universities for the first time ever have been listed in the high-profile Times Higher Education World University Rankings, NV.ua reports.
Taras Shevchenko Kyiv University and Mykola Karazin Kharkiv University got to the interval between 601 and 800 positions. In this range, the rating system does not determine a specific position.
The appearance of Ukrainian universities among the list of sought-after higher education establishments took place due to the extension of the current ranking from the Top 400 of 41 countries to the Top 800 of 70 countries, the executive director of the CEDOS Analytical Center Yehor Stadny claimed. "In fact, Ukrainian universities are located in the tail of rating - at positions 601-800. It should be understood that the Times rating is focused more on world`s research universities, and for the vast majority of Ukrainian universities, educational function is a key. Both of mentioned universities have a very weak position in terms of research and citations of scientific papers, much weaker than the universities of neighboring Poland, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Hungary, and Russia", Stadny said.
First place in the ranking got California Institute of Technology (US), the second - Oxford (United Kingdom), the third - Stanford (US), the fourth - Cambridge (UK), the fifth - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (US).
Earlier it was reported that Ukrainian universities have remained at last year's positions, and some even fell below in the World University Rankings -2015 by reputable British company Quacquarelli Symonds.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain