Ukrainian singer asks Elizabeth II for support at Eurovision 2016
Ukraine’s Diana Mess takes part in the Eurovision 2016 qualifications held in the UK
Diana Mess (Diana Vartanova), Ukrainian performer who participates in the Eurovision 2016 qualifications, sent a letter to Queen Elizabeth II (Krym.Realii). In it, the performer asked the Queen to support her anti-war song “World Support Ukraine”, and her civic stance on the issue.
The singer posted this at Facebook.
“I decided to use my right to turn to Her Majesty, so as to ask for her support of my public stance and anti-war song “World Support Ukraine” during the British qualification of Eurovision 2016 Song Contest”, Mess wrote.
“Your words about respect for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine gave Ukrainian diaspora in London real hope, and they provided the basis for my song. I want to perform at the Eurovision with it, and I applied for participation from the Great Britain”, reads the message.
“I ask you to remind everyone that anti-war songs are among general human values, and the Great Britain is the founder of the Eurovision Song Contest, so its opinion and long-standing music traditions should be respected”, the letter goes on.
World Support Ukraine (Russians Go Home) gained more than 200 thousand views at Youtube.
The music video is taken from Diana Mess's Youtube channel.
Watch the video:
This year’s Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Stockholm, Sweden. Semifinals are slated for May 10 and 12. The final is scheduled for May 14.
In Ukraine, semifinals of the national qualification will be held on February 6 and 13; the final is slated for February 21. The jury and the audience votes will define the name of Ukraine’s representative.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas