Ukrainian publishing houses to release Sentsov’s book
The Ukrainian movie maker is sentenced to 20-year-long imprisonment in Russia
Folio publishing house and Book.Kava.Kino, the book shop in Kyiv, are preparing a presentation of the book by Ukrainian movie maker Oleg Sentsov (see the photo above). The author named it “Buy the book, it’s funny”, Krym. Realii reported.
According to the presentation’s organizers, the book includes a lot of Sentsov’s stories and contains no innuendos on the sad events in his life. “On the contrary, it’s very funny, ingenious and very nice to read. The title says it all”, Folio representatives said.
The presentation is to take place January 28.
In August 2015, Russian court sentenced Oleg Sentsov to 20 years of prison on charges of terrorism, terrorism, organization of a terrorist group and arms trafficking before his trial began in late July. He was accused of arson attacks on pro-Kremlin party offices in Crimea and of plotting to blow up a statue of Lenin.
He was arrested by the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation in Simferopol on May 11, 2014, after partaking in protests in Kiev against Russia’s annexation of Crimea. Sentsov had coordinated relief efforts for Ukrainian soldiers blockaded by Russian troops.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars