Passengers waited for 20 hours after Ukrainian plane urgent landing
People had to sleep on the chairs and on the floor at the Warsaw airport terminal
International Airlines of Ukraine (IAU) plane, flighting from Kyiv to New York, urgently landed in the airport of Warsaw, passengers informed 112 Ukraine.
"Yesterday, about 3 pm by Kyiv time, the IAU board, performing flight Kyiv-New York, urgently landed in Warsaw airport for repair, passengers were released to the terminal and left without information and means of comfort. The flight was delayed several times, and people still sleep on cold chairs in the hall of the airport", said in the message.
The passengers claim that they were not informed about the time of departure, and whether it would be held at all, as well as they were not provided with food and place to rest.
The press service of the IAU explained that during the flight, one of the aircraft’s systems failed, and the pilot had to land at the nearest airport.
"We weren’t able to urgently send another IAU plane for passengers, as all long-haul aircraft were performed flights. We have sent necessary spare parts from Kyiv to Warsaw. It was assumed that the repairing would take 2 - 3 hours, so that the total estimated flight delay should not exceed 4 - 5 hours. Therefore, it was not planned to provide passengers with hotel rooms. Information on the progress of repair work on the aircraft and its readiness is constantly changing, as the repair required considerably more time, than it was shown by preliminary calculations", announced the IAU press ofiice.
The airline assured that passengers were thrice given food and drinks, once - additional drinks. Upon their request, 17 passengers were put on other flights.
Earlier, a passenger plane, performing flight PS 344 Larnaca – Boryspil, delayed for 11 hours due to the fire on the board. The fire was extinguished, but part of passengers refused to fly on this plane.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars