Ukrainian peacekeepers took part in the Medal Parade in Congo
About 50 servicemen got In the Service of Peace United Nations Organization Medals
An official ceremony on awarding the United Nations Mission servicemen took place at the headquarters of the United Nations Organization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO), states the press service of Ukraine's Ministry of Defense.
Representatives of military units involved in the UN Stabilization Mission in this country, local authorities, observers and other distinguished guests took part in the event. Ukrainian servicemen of the 18th Detached Helicopter Unit also attended the Medal Parade.
Addressing the audience with a welcoming speech the Head of UN Stabilization Mission in DR Congo Carlos Alberto dos Santos Cruz at the end of his mission thanked everyone for their diligent service. After it UN soldiers who served during the year in DR Congo and returned to their countries were aslo awarded with medal. About 50 peacekeepers from different countries got UN medals "Medal for service to the world".
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case