Ukrainian Parliament holds moment of silence for victims of Nice attack
Speaker Andriy Parubiy expressed sympathies to the fellow Frenchmen
‘Terrorism has no ethnicity. Every day, Ukrainians in Donbas die by hands of Kremlin-backed terrorists. This is the evil we’ve got to overcome. I ask to honor the memory of the victims of the terrorism with a moment of silence’, said the Head of the Ukrainian Parliament.
As is known, 84 people deceased and about 150 more were wounded in the terrorist attack in Nice, France. The terrorist, presumably ISIS militant, ran into the crowd as he was driving and shooting people in streets. The police killed him and later found more weapons and explosives in the truck. Identity papers of a French-Tunisian were also discovered, according to a police source quoted by news agency AFP (Sky News).
Leading political figures from around the globe expressed condolences to the French nation and the government.
Poroshenko urges Parliament to vote for dismissal of oath-breaking judges 28 September, 07:45
Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv 27 September, 16:38
Historian: Ukrainian nationalists never took part in Holocaust 27 September, 20:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels