Ukrainian law enforcement sector needs $6.5 mln for National Police
November 7, Ukrainian militsiya to be replaced with National Police
Interior Minister of Internal Affairs Arsen Avakov during the presentation of the new set of police in Chernihiv stated that “the end of the year there will be 6-7 thousand policemen in Ukraine, totally, about 152 thousand”. He explained that it would be not just a re-certification of personnel, but a total restart. Avakov said that now in the city police patrol can is successfully operating, but still there is a need of reforming the criminal unit, a corps of sudden action (commandos), update the district departments, experts, and investigators.
The Minister stated that $6.5 mln are to be allocated from the state budget to cover the needs of this project. US, Canada, Japan and the EU had provided the necessary assistance and support of Ukrainian police.
September 13, the patrol police service initiative has been lanched in Chernihiv, and there are more than 200 applicants already. July 4 the patrol police started its work in Kyiv, and in the end of the August – in Lviv and Odesa.
Prior to 3 July 2015, law enforcement in Ukraine was carried out directly by the Ministry of Internal Affairs as the militsiya. The militsiya was the national police service of Ukraine from the 1950s until 2015.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case