Ukrainian inventors with the Mars airplane project lead at NASA Audience Choice Competition
Ukrainian aircraft leads in the NASA Space Apps Challenge 2016 Audience Choice Competition
The project of Mars aircraft MarsHopper was presented by the team from Kyiv. UNIAN informs.
Now it competes for the Audience Choice Award of this competition. Now MarsHopper ranks first, and the team from Macedonia is the second.
“MarsHopper is an aircraft for studying the poles of Mars and neighboring regions”, - explain the authors of the project.
It uses carbonic ice that covers the surface on the poles of the Red Planet. It collects the ice during the landing and turns it into gaseous fluid with the help of radioisotope thermoelectric generator. Rapid energy release causes jet thrust. The aircraft travels from landing to landing, moving with “hops”, that’s why it was called “Hopper”.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas