Ukrainian helicopter, fallen in Slovakia, carried illegal migrants
Five bodies of non-Slavic appearance were detected after the air crash
The Embassy of Ukraine in Slovakia confirmed the deaths of six people in a Ukrainian helicopter that crashed on the territory of Slovak Republic. First Secretary of the Embassy Ihor Krachkovsky in his exclusive interview with 112 channel stated that most likely the helicopter had been carrying the illegal migrants. Six people were on the board, five of them had not Slavic appearance. There is no information about their nationality yet.
"According to information received from the representative of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, on Wednesday Slovakia police recorded flight of an unfamiliar aircraft crossing the checkpoint. Probable cause of the accident could be poor visibility due to weather conditions, particularly, the thick fog. Later police in the Košice Region Michalovce found six human bodies, five of which are not of Slavic origin. Probably, it was the transportation of the illegal migrants. There is evidence that the helicopter was Ukrainian. The investigation operation has been conducted; the autopsies to be performed to determine cause of death. As for nationality of victims, competent authorities of Slovakia currently have no information," said Krachkovsky.
Recalling, Ukrainian helicopter fell on Zemplinska Šírava reservoir (Slovak Republic), which is 35 km from Uzhhorod (western Ukraine).
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas