Ukrainian frigate took part in PASSEX exercises with NATO naval forces
It is a third time Ukrainian ships participate in joint trainings in Black Sea
Frigate of Naval Forces of Ukraine "Hetman Sahaidachny" held joint PASSEX-type exercises with ships of Naval Forces from the US, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey, the press service of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry reports.
"Participants of maneuvers worked out cooperation in multinational tactical compounds in accordance with NATO standards,” said in a statement.
The participation of Ukrainian ship in joint exercises is a testament to the systematic cooperation of our naval forces with NATO navies, the commander of the Naval Forces of Ukraine Vice-Admiral Serhiy Hayduk said. He noted that since the beginning of the year it is the third PASSEX-type training in the Black Sea with the participation of the Ukrainian ship.
"It should not be a vacuum on the issue of maintaining stability in the Black Sea region, which, unfortunately, came in the spring of 2014 with an annexation of territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol by the Russian Federation. Therefore, in this situation it is difficult to overestimate the importance of such joint exercises as Sea Breeze and PASSEX,” he said.
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels