Ukrainian film comes to Netflix October 9
The documentary movie recently won People's Choice Award at Toronto International Film Festival
Ukrainian film about Euromaidan "Winter on Fire: Ukraine's fight for freedom" will be available for users of the streaming media provider Netflix on October 9.
The director of the documentary movie Evgeniy Afineevsky captures the excitement and drama of the social movement that managed to oust president Yanukovych. It shows the Maidan movement, embracing hundreds of thousands gathered in the heart of Kyiv, who met a violent response.
The film recently won the People's Choice documentary award at the Toronto International Film Festival. "It presents the chronicle of the events unfolded during 93 days in 2013 and 2014, which caused the formation of a new civil rights movement in Ukraine. Peaceful demonstrations in support of European integration turned into a true revolution calling for the resignation of by then incumbent President of the country," stated at the film festival website.
"I want to thank for support and recognition of our film as an important historical monument, dedicated to patriotism and unity of the Ukrainian people," the film director Evgeniy Afineevsky said, Telekritika.
In addition, he expressed gratitude to the Netflix company. "I want to thank the Netflix company and its excellent team for their faith in our film and bringing it to 65 million viewers around the world".
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars