Ukrainian far right activists brought pyrotechnics and knives to a rally
More than 2 thousand Ukrainian far rights gathered in Kyiv downtown
More than 2 thousand Ukrainian far-right activists flocked to the Kyiv city center to mark the 73th anniversary of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA), nationalist paramilitary and later partisan army that engaged in a series of guerrilla conflicts during World War II against Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, and both Underground and Communist Poland.
"More than 10 people came to the event with fireworks, knives and brass knuckles. All these items are removed. After identifying the persons who have cought, the police did not detain anyone," stated Kyiv police.
Here might be witnessed activists of the party "Svoboda", the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists, Congress of Ukrainian nationalists and Pravyi Sektor, as their symbols are visible.
They carry banners with their nationalistic leaders - Stepan Bandera, Roman Shukhevych, Yevhen Konovalets. They also brought some posters "Ukraine and God come first", as the 14th of October has some religious origin - since the far-rights believe the Mother of God (also known as Theotokos) to be their patroness.
The activists proclaim mottos "Free political prisoners", "Glory to the nation - death to the enemies", "Bandera is our hero, Intercession of the Theotokos is our holiday".
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas