Ukrainian diaspora in US demands to release Sentsov and Kolchenko
A potest rally to be held in Chicago, August 30
The Ukrainian community in Chicago is preparing a mass protest demanding release of Ukrainian political prisoners - Oleh Sentsov, Olexandr Kolchenko and others. Protest Rally is to be held on Sunday, August 30, in front of St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral, VIDIA.
It is organized by Ukrainian Congress Committee of America, Illinois Division. Ukrainian Congress Committee of America Illinois Division denounces illegal arrest and calls upon US government to seek release of Ukrainian political prisoners.
The members of UCCA emphasize that illegal verdict rendered Ukrainian activists was condemned by the US State Department. The protest rally of Ukrainian diaspora representatives appeals to the authorities, urging the US government to support Ukrainian political prisoners' release.
Oleh Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko have been sentenced to 20 years and 10 years respectively in a Russian prison following their trial in a military court in Rostov-on-Don.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case