Ukrainian dean of the US Yale School of Art
Marta Kuzma has over 20 years of curatorial experience around the world
On February, 9 Ukrainian Marta Kuzma became the dean of the oldest in the United States Yale School of Art. The woman heads one of the main educational institutions in the world first-ever for its’ 152-year history.
It was announced by Peter Salovey, president of the prestigious Yale University, which includes the School of Art, said NV.
“Marta is an independent and creative thinker with a track record of making deep connections to students and faculty. I am confident that she will develop a distinctive vision for the Yale School of Art,” said Salovey. “She has an appreciation for developing ‘courageous' students, and recognizes the importance of new sensibilities and new contexts for the presentation of artists and art.”
According to the publication, Marta Kuzma has over 20 years of curatorial experience around the world. In the mid-nineties she was the founding director of the Soros Center for Contemporary Art in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Then the daughter of Ukrainian immigrants in the US held the curator position of the Office of Contemporary Art in Norway, Center of Photography in New York and Washington's project of contemporary art.
Recently, Marta Kuzma headed the Royal Institute of Art in Stockholm, Sweden.
Yale School of Art was established in 1864 and is considered one of the oldest and the best in the US.
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case