Ukrainian clerisy addressed Poroshenko
The country’s artists demand that the President turns attention to unsolved problems in society and culture
On the photo: "Reform. An Open Letter to the President"
"Many joined the “Letter of the Concerned Ones", in which we ask the guarantor of the Constitution to implement the reform in social and cultural areas. We ask him to support the bill “On the State Foundation for Humanitarian Development of Ukraine”, as it will become an essential step in reforming the country’s humanitarian area. It will become an impetus for development of culture, science, sport, social area and tourism", - authors of the petition said.
74 artists signed the petition, among them singer Ruslana Lyzhycko, poet Ivan Drach, writers Serhiy Zhadan and Yuriy Andrukhovych, and many others.
The activists also urged all concerned citizens to join the collective petition.
"There are dozens of the most influential people of the Ukrainian culture, many concerned people among those who signed the petition. We need to act as time passes by quickly. While most politicians simulate rotation in the government and distract the nation with smooth talk, the country is on the edge of the humanitarian disaster. We urge everyone to join this initiative”, reads the petition.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars