State Aviation Museum in Zhulyany is listed in the top-14 best museum according to CNN ranking.
Aviation museum in Zhulyany, under the supervision of the National Aviation University, is considered one of the largest in the world. The territory covers 20 hectares and holds 70 aircrafts. Most of the exhibited aircrafts are vessels produced back in USSR times.
One of the most outstanding exhibits is Tu-104. This is the first in the world jet aircraft, which performed its first passenger race in 1956.
World top-10 aviation museums include:
1. Smithsonian’s Air and Space Museum (Washington).
2. Imperial military museum Duxford (Great Britain).
3. National Museum of the US Air Force (Wright-Patterson).
4. Aviation center and Boeing Tour (Washington, USA).
5. French Museum of Air and Space.
6. State Museum of Aviation of Ukraine (Kyiv).
7. Pima Air and Space Museum (Arizona, USA).
8. Polish Aviation Museum (Krakow).
9. Chinese Aviation Museum.
10. Aviation and space museum (Canada).