Ukrainian authorities "encourage" aggression against LGBT - Amnesty International
Cases of homophobic violence are typical for Ukraine
The attack of unknown members on the Equality Festival participants in Lviv on March 19 was partly caused by the statements of the city authorities, - declared the head of Ukrainian Office of international human rights organization Amnesty International in Ukraine Tatiana Mazur in her interview with DW.
In her opinion, the aggression against the LGBT community was encouraged by impunity and authorities’ negative public statements about the actions of sexual minorities.
"There were talks from the side of the city administration on inexpediency of the festival, were also very negative comments from the representatives of the church and as a consequence of such statements, we see the manifestation of violence by certain right-wing groups." - said Mazur.
According to Tatiana Mazur, the cases of homophobic violence are typical for Ukraine.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars