Ukraine’s police officer busted for bribe taking
The incident took place in Kharkiv, northeastern Ukraine
A female inspector who worked for the licensing authority of a district department of police in Kharkiv was detained by the SBU, Ukraine’s Security Service.
The SBU’s press department reported this on Tuesday, September 6.
The major of Kharkiv police systematically took bribes from the locals who needed traumatic weapons but had no legal grounds for getting the license for a weapon.
On September 6, the law enforcers detained the woman and documented the fact of receiving the bribe totally worth of 12,000 Ukrainian hryvnas (a bit more than 483 U.S. dollars); the bribe was given for illegal effecting of the license for traumatic weapon.
The investigation under the respective article of the Criminal Code was opened.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars