Ukraine's oldest university celebrates its 400 year anniversary
President of Ukraine personally visited the celebration of the university's anniversary
National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (NaUKMA), founded in 1615 year, marks its 400th Anniversary. President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko took part in celebrations to mark the anniversary of Academy and personally congratulated students and teachers on the holiday.
”For 400 years entire historical periods have changed, and Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, just as it has been raising successful Ukrainians that shaped the future of Ukraine so it continues to do that up to this day. Thank you very much, dear Academy staff, students and alumni, from all the country and myself for your choice to invest your lives in the development of our country. I believe that in front of Kyiv- Mohyla Academy hundred years of success and achievements to come,” the President congratuleted the audience.
President of NaUKMA Andriy Meleshevych congratulated the Academy and its graduates in his felicitation.
“During the four hundred years of its existence, the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy has been through times of prosperity and neglect, unprecedented intellectual rise and bitter defeats.
The history of our university, its mission and vision are deeply rooted in the history of Ukraine, depends on it and influences it at the same time. During its long history, the Academy and its graduates played a crucial role in the most significant historical events in Ukraine," said in the congratulatory message.
National University of Kyiv - Mohyla Academy (NaUKMA) is the oldest Ukrainian university located on the grounds of ancient Podil district of Kyiv. In 1991 it was re-established after almost the century of closure by Soviet authorities. NaUKMA has the highest level of accreditation and having a status of a research and autonomous university. The university has two working languages – Ukrainian and English. Kyiv-Mohyla Academy’s diplomas have international recognition. The university actively cooperates with numerous international organizations, diaspora, and educational world circles.
Watch KMA - 400 years [video by Mohylianka]:
Discover Ukraine. Kyiv-Mohyla Academy [video by Vyacheslav Kylymar]
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars